When you first begin thinking of selling your home, you may want to take a step back and consider what improvements you can make. Why? Well, with today’s real estate market, there is much more involved in selling your home than just determining a great price. It is also a beauty contest. If you want to ensure that your home sells quickly, it not only need to be priced well, but it also needs to deliver a great first impression.
5 Ways To Build Your Property Value and Guarantee a Quick Sale
There are several ways attract a number of buyers when your house goes on the market. Here are just a few.
- Create Inviting Spaces- A great first impression is important when you sell your home, so you need to understand what your buyers want out of your home. Consider how you felt when you first began looking for a new home. Did you want a front porch where you could sit with your spouse each morning and enjoy a hot cup of coffee and a little small talk? Your buyers are searching for the same peaceful atmosphere. Use wicker furniture and comfortable cushions on your front porch to create an inviting and comfortable environment where your buyers can imagine themselves sitting each morning. Let them “see themselves” right there, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere, seated cozily on their own wicker furniture.
- Clean Up- A little dirt can take a huge bite out of your property value and discourage potential buyers from making an offer. Take the time to pressure wash your porch and driveway. Rake the yard and cut your grass, as well. And don’t forget the inside of your home. Make sure to give your carpets a nice clean before you put your home up for sale.
- Use Plants- According to Psychology Today, plants are not just great to look at. They can have a number of psychological and physiological affects on individuals. Plants have been shown to lower blood pressure, increase attentiveness, improve perceptions of a space, and lower anxiety. Place a few plants on your front porch, near your wicker furniture and on either side of your front door and scatter a couple throughout your house to heighten the mood of your buyers.
- Fix The Small Things- So, your dolphin mailbox has been an icon of the neighborhood for years. You bought it at a flea market and you think it’s cute. That doesn’t mean anyone else will. Make sure you take the time to install a fresh new mailbox before you put your house up for sale. While you are at it, take a good look at other small things around your home, like your address numbers and your outdoor lighting. Are the numbers scratched, weathered, and worn? Do the light bulbs need replaced?
- Put on a Fresh Coat of Paint- While you may have had an eclectic eye when you were living in your home, your new buyers may not enjoy a royal purple living room. Put on a fresh coat of paint before you put your home up for sale, and use only neutral colors. This color palette will be much more inviting for your buyers.
If you want to increase your property value and encourage the sale of your home, make sure your house is inviting, comfortable, and clean. With a little elbow grease, some nice outdoor wicker furniture, and a keen eye, you can create the perfect environment for you buyers.